NACO MUSIC PROJECT
WEB PAGES OF CATALOGING COMMITTEES AND ORGANIZATIONS
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND POSITION PAPERS
MUSIC CATALOGING WEB PAGES
- Automation Requirements for Music Materials
(1997 draft). Prepared by the MLA Automation Subcommittee. (Final
version mounted 29 February 2000, but this version no longer available
online.) Also see:
- Automation Requirements for Music Materials (Coral, Lenore. "Automation Requirements for Music Information." Notes 43, no. 1 (Sept. 1986): 14-18.)
- Outsourcing of cataloging survey results (Risley)
- Faceted Access to Music: Possibilities and Ramifications Discussion Paper by the Working Group on Faceted Access to Music, February 1994
- Faceted Access: A Review of the Literature Paper by Amanda Maple presented at the meeting
of the Working Group on Faceted Access to Music, February 1995
- Final Report (3/98) of the Working Group on Terminology in 20th Century Music.
This report includes a list of the subject heading proposals sent to
the Library of Congress and the action LC took on them, as well as the
thesaurus of terms compiled by the group.
- MLA Music Discovery Requirements Document and appendices This resource discusses issues related to the discovery of music materials in library search systems and gives concrete recommendations for discovery interfaces.
- Point-Counterpoint, MLA style. The BCC Subcommittee for Descriptive Cataloging commissioned Grace Fitzgerald and David Thomas to prepare position papers
on the entry of music videos: composer main entry or not. These papers
were distributed in advance of the Atlanta (Feb. 95) conference and
served as the basis for discusssion at the SDC open meeting as well as
at other meetings related to music videos.
- Report of the MARBI/USMARC Advisory Group Meeting, San Francisco, June 1997
- Report of the MARBI/USMARC Advisory Group Meeting, Washington D.C., February 1997
- Report of the MARBI/USMARC Advisory Group Meeting--This
is a report of a meeting which took place in New York, July 6-8, 1996,
submitted by Karen Little. Comments on the topics discussed in the
report should be sent to her.
- Format Integration: The Final Phase. This is the text of a presentation made by Kathy Glennan at the MARC Formats Subcommittee meeting in Atlanta, 2-10-95.
- Vendor Processing for Authority Control: The UC Experience with BNA. This is a paper presented by Paul Cauthen at a meeting of the MLA Midwest Chapter, 31 October 1992.
- Training for Music Cataloging is a document prepared by Ian Fairclough for the MOUG conference session on training music cataloging personnel
- Small Library/Collection Catalogs (PC Based) Correspondence from the AUTOCAT discussion list (also available the AUTOCAT filelist)
Last updated 20 May 2013